POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : #read only supports 3D vectors : Re: #read only supports 3D vectors Server Time
3 Aug 2024 22:14:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: #read only supports 3D vectors
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 6 Oct 2003 06:18:39
Message: <3f81417f@news.povray.org>
I've never noticed that the default isn't proper. E.g. for floats, it will
just put 0.2 for 0.2, but it will use .21342 if that's the number. AFAIK,
that's the same for vectors, so what you're doing is forcing it to round to
a certain precision.

Have you looked at the output-file to see if the vector is written
correctly? And I'm not too sure, but isn't the variable you're loading a
value to (CurColor in this case) supposed to be undefined before loading?

I've never had problems using my I/O-Macs, and they support all kinds of
vectors and floats, so I'm not sure where you're problem originates...

--
Tim Nikias v2.0
Email: tim.nikias (@) gmx.de

> @news.povray.org:
>
> > Aside of that, your text looks strange to me: Just using
> >
> > #write (SomeOutputFile, FourD_Vector)
> >
> > suffices, no need to concat it to string first.
> >

> Error is: 4D vector unexpected.
>
> That was just an example.  Control of precision and the comma is useful
> with many data elements, might not be with a single colour, but with
> something like quaternions higher precison than the default might be
> desired. "\n" is useful for human readability.  Isn't so strange to me.

---